Notice on Printing and Distributing the "Measures for Central Government's Transfer Payment to Key Ecological Function Areas"
Source: Ministry of Finance Time: 2017-09-06
Caiyu  No. 126
Departments of Finance (Bureaus) of provinces, autonomous regions, municipalities directly under the Central Government, and cities separately listed:
In order to regulate the allocation, use and management of transfer payments, and play an important role of fiscal funds in maintaining national ecological security and promoting the construction of ecological civilization, with the approval of the State Council, we have formulated the "Central Government's Transfer Payment Measures to Key Ecological Function Areas in Local Areas". Issued.
Attachment: Central government's transfer payment method for key ecological function areas
Ministry of Finance
August 2, 2017
Central government's transfer payment method for key ecological function areas
The first is to implement the requirements of the Party Central Committee and the State Council, implement the concept of green development, promote the construction of ecological civilization, guide local governments to strengthen ecological environmental protection, and improve the basic public service guarantee capabilities of local governments in areas with important ecological functions such as key national ecological function zones. The government will establish transfer payments for key ecological function zones (hereinafter referred to as transfer payments).
Article 2 The scope of transfer payment support includes:
(1) The counties (county-level cities, municipal districts, and flags) of the national key ecological function zones with restricted development and national-level prohibited development zones, as well as the coordinated development of Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei, the "two screens and three zones", and Hainan International Tourism Island Key ecological counties belong to important functional areas.
(2) Pilot demonstration areas such as the National Ecological Civilization Pilot Area and National Park System Pilot Areas and major ecological engineering construction areas.
(3) Areas where the file-building personnel are selected as ecological forest rangers.
The central government will dynamically adjust the scope of transfer payments based on performance evaluations.
Article 3 Funds for transfer payments are allocated according to the following principles:
(1) Fair and just, open and transparent. Objective factors are selected for formulaic distribution, and transfer payment methods and distribution results are made public.
(2) Classified treatment, highlighting the key points. According to the ecological type, financial level, poverty status and other factors, the implementation of the sub-category subsidy for transfer payment objects reflects the differences and highlights the key points.
(3) Focus on incentives and strengthen constraints. Establish and improve a comprehensive evaluation and reward and punishment system for ecological environment protection, encourage local governments to increase their efforts in ecological environment protection, and improve the efficiency of fund use.
Article 4 The selection of transfer payment funds to measure the objective factors affecting fiscal revenues and expenditures is estimated to reach provinces, autonomous regions, municipalities directly under the Central Government, and cities with separate plans (hereinafter collectively referred to as provinces). Specific calculation formula:
Amount of subsidy for transfer payment in a key ecological function zone in a province = Key subsidy + Prohibited development subsidy + Guidance subsidy + Eco forest ranger subsidy ± Reward and punishment funds
(1) Key subsidies: The targets are the key ecological counties, which are calculated according to the standard fiscal revenue and expenditure gap and taking into account the subsidy coefficient. Among them, the standard fiscal revenue and expenditure gap refers to the balanced transfer payment measurement method, and combines the central and local fiscal protection of environmental protection governance with the division of financial responsibility and expenditure responsibilities, and takes the reduction and increase of expenditure in the area of ecological environmental protection as an important factor in the calculation of transfer payments. The subsidy coefficient is calculated by classification according to factors such as the standard fiscal revenue and expenditure gap, the area of ecological protection areas, the impact of limited industrial development on financial resources, and poverty.
(2) Prohibited development subsidies: The object is prohibited development areas. Based on the area and number of provinces forbidden to develop, the calculation is divided into provinces, and they are inclined to two types of national development zones: national nature reserves and national forest parks.
(3) Guiding subsidies: The targets are experimental demonstration areas such as the National Ecological Civilization Pilot Area and the National Park System Pilot Area and major ecological engineering construction areas.
(4) Subsidies for ecological forest guards: The target areas are those who choose to hire file-building personnel as ecological forest guards. The central government will arrange subsidies for ecological forest guards based on the needs of forest management and poverty alleviation, and the selection of local file-building personnel as ecological forest guards.
(V) Reward and punishment funds: The target is the key ecological counties. Reward and punishment will be implemented according to the assessment and evaluation, and reward will be given to areas with outstanding assessment results. In areas where the quality of the ecological environment has deteriorated, major environmental pollution incidents have occurred, major pollutants have exceeded emissions standards, the implementation of negative lists of industrial access has been inadequate, and areas where ecological poverty alleviation efforts have been ineffective, deduct transfer transfer funds based on actual conditions.
For provinces whose transfer payments were less than the previous year, the central government issued the same amount as the previous year.
Article 5 Provincial financial departments shall, in accordance with local conditions, formulate provincial transfer payment methods for key ecological function zones, standardize fund allocation, strengthen fund management, and implement various subsidy funds in place. In principle, the recipients of subsidies shall not exceed the scope of transfer payments determined in these Measures, and the total amount of transfer payment funds allocated shall not be lower than the transfer payments of key ecological function zones issued by the central government.
Article 6 The areas enjoying transfer payment shall earnestly enhance the awareness of ecological environment protection, use the transfer payment funds to protect the ecological environment and improve people ’s livelihood, increase investment in ecological poverty alleviation, and may not be used in buildings and image building and competitive areas At the same time, strengthen the assessment of the quality of the ecological environment and the performance management of funds.
Article 7 The interpretation of these measures rests with the Ministry of Finance.
Article 8 These Measures shall be implemented as of the date of issuance. The “2016 Central Government's Measures for Transfer Payments to Key Ecological Function Areas” (Cai Yu  117) was repealed at the same time.